Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Monday, September 29, 2008

We are back

We've been back for a few days now.... the flights went great... no crying spells and she slept about 6+ hours straight, although we didn't get seats together :( it turned out OK though. She had a bassinett, which really helped with the sleeping. I didn't get any sleep, however, because I was worried she would wake up :) There was another family on the flight that had just adopted a 9 month old girl from Vietnam and their daughter was crying SO much... almost non-stop and I felt so helpless for them. We are all adjusting, although the jet lag is really getting to all of us, even little Anna. She is no longer sleeping a good chunk of the night like she was, so it's been a little harder. She is still very easy-going. we haven't had the heart to let her cry it out because I really want her to know she can trust us and know that we'll take care of her. I do hope I am not ruining the great job the nannies did for her in teaching her how to self-soothe at night. My #1 goal right now is attachment and bonding though, so if that means she gets spoiled and forgets how to sleep on her own, I think in the end, it'll be ok...

well, off to get some sleep... will try to post pictures tomorrow!

2 comments:

Steve n Coco said...

You know, I think you are right on in not letting her cry it out. And really, I don't believe you can call it spoiling her. You're establishing who you are in her life and she will love and trust you for it! Nice job!! And welcome home!

Alisha said...

Welcome Home!!!! I'm thrilled to hear all is going well, even if you are all sleep deprived. And go on spoil her rotten, you both need that. I didn't let genei cry either for the same reasons and she is doing wonderful. Can't wait to see those pictures.