Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Anna is 6 months old today

I was hoping to receive some updates today since every month around this time, we have received updated photos and some information about her.... but, nothing yet and it is already almost 5pm. I had heard from another adoptive mom that it's possible we will not receive updates this month because many of the social workers from Chung Yi are in the U.S. with the older children from the orphanage... some type of summer camp thing they do every year.

We still have not heard from our agency about when we'll get our ruling. I received a call from our agency director 2-3 days ago just wanting to chat about travel in Taipei ~ hotels, airlines, restaurants, etc.. and what to expect when we go there.... It sounds like we will not have a guide while we're in Taipei, but everything is fairly close to the downtown area.... when I talked to her on the phone, she thought that we might hear something the first part of August. She thought we would travel in October (better than December, but still... sorta depressing since I was REALLY hoping things would move along for us). I am feeling better about it today though and realize, it'll probably be much cooler in Sept/Oct and even though the kids will have to miss school, hopefully, they'll catch up quickly without alot of pain.

This waiting is so hard ~ I wish I didn't have to feel this way, but I do and as hard as I try to give this up to God daily, it isn't easy... I almost have to make a choice to give it up every hour.

I am hoping again that tomorrow is the day we'll find out, but I am not wanting to get my hopes up because I don't want the disappointment to come when another week goes by and the weekend comes with no news to get me through.... wow, I sound completely depressed... I really am OK... just having a low moment.

God is good and His timing is perfect... I have to keep telling myself that...

Happy 6 months, little Anna... we wish we could celebrate with you! :(

2 comments:

Alisha said...

Pam,
You're right it is so painful to wait and although we trust in God's timing I know He understand our longing....He must because He is the one who gives us the heart for these children. I am praying that you phone call will come very soon and that everything else will fall into place. If you ever need to talk just give me a call.
Hugs,
Alisha

Unknown said...

I hope you won't have to wait too much longer. It is hard to think of your baby getting bigger everyday and not being there. Just keep offering up what you can't bear and stay positive.

Andrea
Fellow CY Mom