Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Monday, June 30, 2008

June UPDATES!!!

I just about died when I saw her with that head band and dress! We sent both of those things to her, along with the pacifier clip and pacifier that is in one of the pictures!
Please pray we get to travel very soon! I actually feel a physical ACHE in my heart that she is so far away and doesn't even know us... I know it might sound weird for those who have never adopted and wonder if it's possible to love a child that you didn't give birth to... but I am finding out that it's true and I know it's only because she is one God has given us.
We didn't receive a detailed update about her life, but we did receive her latest weight, height and head circumference...
I had Aaron check the US growth chart for a female her age and found the percentile for each.
Height: 62cm (24") (15th percentile)
Weight: 6.72kg (14.82 lbs) (50th percentile)
Head Circumference: 16"(25th percentile)
Our boys' head circumference are (just for fun) Noah (21"), Calvin (21 1/2"), Michael (20")

This one is my favorite... she looks SOOOO cute!!


Her smile in this one is so precious! I need to go get her!!


This is SOOOO cute! It also made me cry when I saw it because I can't imagine what the birthmother is thinking....holding her baby like that and making her smile and then knowing she can't keep her.... so heartbreaking.


15 comments:

Karmen and Greg said...

Oh Pam -- what a TREASURE these photos are. I also cannot imagine how hard that must be for the birthmother -- but OH my goodness what a sweet little thing she is. I totally can understand how in love with her you are! Thanks for sharing. I will pray for Anna's birthmother -- that God gives her incredible peace that will not fade.

Karmen

Steve n Coco said...

Oh my goodness, I was thinking the exact same thing about her birthmom. She must be a special lady... and what a BEAUTIFUL little munchkin!! :)

Melinda said...

I love her smile! What a wonderful gift this is for your family! I can only imagine your desire to want her home now! I will pray for her birthmother and that she feels tremendous peace about her decision.

Jadyn's family said...

Pam.. Anna is just beautiful. Thank you for sharing your pictures with us. Keeping all of you in my prayers (Anna, your family, Anna's birthmother) and hoping that you will be traveling soon to bring Anna home.

Shari (LBRTB)

Lisa said...

She is so beautiful Pam! I can't even imagine what her birthmom is feeling. I will continue to pray for her and also that you will be able to get to her QUICKLY!

Donna said...

She just keeps getting cuter and cuter! I take it that's the birthmom holding her? Wow...I just know that these pics have made it SO much harder to wait. I pray that everything works out quickly so that travel can be asap. Hang in there.

Jessica said...

Pam,

Anna is just beautiful!!! What a precious blessing! I can't wait to see pictures of her in your arms. Sending prayers for a speedy process from here on out.

Jessica

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

She is just so precious! How hard for all involved! I totally feel your pain in not having her in your arms and yet I feel the pain of her birth mom. I will be praying for peace, understanding and the mercy of God as you finalize this child's joining your family.

Wendy

Cindy said...

Pam - She is so beautiful! I can't imagine what her birthmom is feeling, but I can tell she loves her very much. I hope you get an update on the court process soon.

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

Kimberly said...

Oh MY....she is just delicious! I want to kiss those chubby little cheeks! What a beautiful little girl. It won't be long my friend and that ache in your heart will be lifted with the weight of her in your arms! I remember that feeling all too well!

Blessings,
Kim

Unknown said...

Wow. There is so much in those precious pictures. A daughter you are dying to hold who is wearing things sent from you and a birthmother holding a daughter that is yours. My goodness the emotion that you must feel.

I am praying for you my friend. God will give you the strength that is necessary to complete this phase of your journey. I will pray for all legal/paperwork processes, for speedy travel, for mental, emotional and spiritual preparation.

Oh my goodness!! This journey has had so many twists and turns.

My peanut has that little dress. I LOVE it!

Unknown said...

What size clothes are you buying?

Alisha said...

Pam,
She is so cute! We are having a great time in China but I miss my boys and I am ready to go home. I end each day exhausted and fall into bed. Genei is amazing and we have been very blessed with a smooth adjustment. I am praying for your speedy travel and can't wait to follow your journey.

erin said...

Pam,
She is so cute and happy. She will treasure the pictures with her birthmom. What an important "thread" for her to have.
Praying for travel so very soon.
love,
erin

Thru a Tori-lens said...

I'm totally crying right now... what a sweet, precious girl you have! I can't wait to hear her laugh out loud! I'm amazed that the birth mom would even consent to be in the pictures...what an awesome gift.