Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Update

Usually at the end of the month, our agency sends us an updated photo and some information about Anna, but July 30th and 31st came and went without any updates... finally I emailed our agency yesterday and they said that the orphanage is short on staff and they will not be sending updates. They did reassure us that they think our court passed and that it is a matter of time until we hear something. They think we'll hear something the month of August.

So, again, not the most exciting update, but it's an update, non-the-less. I am sad to not see any updated photos.. it was the only thing that helped ease the pain of this wait.... but, just yesterday, as i was reading my bible in the morning, these scriptures stuck out ..

"Though the sheep pens are sheepless,(though our house is girl-less) and the cattle barns are empty,(and the nursery is empty)I'm singing a joyful praise to God. I'm turning cartwheels of joy to my Saviour God. Counting on God's RULE to prevail, I take heart and gain strength. I run like a deer. I feel like I'm King of the mountain. Habakkuk 3:17-19 (MSG)
(My words in the parentheses)

Here's another one...

Jesus said, "You're tied down to the mundane; I'm in touch with what is beyond your horizons. You live in terms of what you see and touch. I'm living on other terms.
John 8:23-24

I have become pre-occupied with the "mundane".... God sees what is WAY beyond. As important as bringing Anna home is, it is not the ONLY thing God is doing and I want to see BEYOND what I see right now in front of me so that I can move forward with confidence that God, who orchestrates everything, has this all planned out.

No comments: